Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 4:25 PM
Req ID: 14501
TranSystems Berkeley office seeks a motivated and talented civil engineer. This position will include civil engineering design, CAD work and plan layout and presentation for a variety of projects, including rail, road, airport infrastructure, coastal development, industrial site development, storm water management and utilities design projects. Day to day assignments and technical guidance will be directed by current staff Project Managers. This position will also involve coordination with clients, subcontractors, vendors, and personnel in the Oakland office and other TranSystems offices. Some project management experience is a plus. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and the ability to multi:task in a fast:paced setting.
: Bachelors degree in civil engineering required.
: Minimum 5:10 years civil engineering design experience.
: Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and various engineering software systems
: AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
: Experience in the preparation of plans and specifications.
: Civil 3D and GeoPak/InRoads
: Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer.
General Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Analyzes information and data to perform routine design tasks.
2. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and occasionally represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions, and to plan and coordinate work.
3. Receives instructions from Project Manager or Senior Project Engineers as to the general results expected.
4. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
5. Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow:through, and efficient conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards.
6. Research design options and document findings for Senior Project Engineer.
7. Keeps Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
8. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and/or participating in professional societies.
9. Usually performs as a staff advisor and consultant to technical specialty.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, construction and field assignments can be severe (i.e. Airport noise, inside factories, construction equipment, jack hammers, etc).
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk or hear, and drive a car. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the empl
• Location: East Bay, Oakland
• Post ID: 92343977 eastbay