Specialty Coffee Barista
Kaleidoscope Coffee | Richmond, CA
WAGE: $13.42 per hour
JOB TYPE: Part-time
SCHEDULE: Mornings, Evenings, Weekends
CATEGORIES: Barista, Brand Ambassador, Community Oriented, Creative, Customer Service, Food &
Drink, Fun, Ice Cream Scooper, Lgbtq Owned, Women Owned
When the coffee is good, made with care and attention to detail, and served with warmth, we can transform the drudgery of routine into one of the brightest spots in our day. Coffee makes people feel like superheroes. We get to be part of that!
Kaleidoscope is open from 6 a.m. - 9 weekdays, 10 p.m weekends. We are looking for closers or openers. 20-ish hrs/wk. Must be available to work weekends.
After training, you will be expected to properly pour/craft coffee drinks, serve ice cream and prep food and sandwiches.
- Must drink coffee - tasting for quality is part of daily duties.
- Are you - passionate, driven, curious, clean?
- Do you like people?
- Do you have - attention to detail, positive demeanor, and an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment?
- Can you - be on your feet for multiple hours, maintain a clean work environment both behind the bar and in the public areas, keep your cool in potentially stressful/confrontational situations, communicate clearly and efficiently with customers and coworkers?
We serve beer and wine - must be 18 to work here; must be 21 to pour wine.
Cover Letter: please answer the following
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite coffee drink?
- Something random/interesting about this world or any other world.
- Anything else you feel like sharing.
About Kaleidoscope Coffee
Kaleidoscope Coffee is a destination coffee shop built around the strong and artistic community of Point Richmond. Kaleidoscope is a place of warmth, where people can come together and community can happen over a cup of coffee, a scoop of ice cream, a bite to eat, a glass of wine or a cold beer. Regular events feature local stories and music, local art decorates the walls, plus a book exchange and a few games. A second home, where stories happen. Located in the East Bay in the heart of Pt. Richmond, at 109 Park Place, Kaleidoscope is a community-focused, hip, artsy coffee shop/ice cream parlor/performance venue. Our products are locally sourced - Wrecking Ball Coffee, Tara’s Organic Ice Cream, Steep Organic Teas, and more.